Guiding Principles of Accessible Authentication (2007)
The Guiding Principles for Accessible Authentication (“The Guiding Principles”) were funded and developed under the sponsorship of the Australian Banking’ Association (ABA).
The ABA would like to acknowledge the contribution of the Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission (HREOC), Blind Citizens Australia, Physical Disability Council, Abacus Australian Mutuals and various ABA member banks that participated in the ABA’s Accessible Authentication Working Group (AAWG).
The Guiding Principles
- Principle 1: Accessibility of authentication technologies
- Principle 2: Customer convenience
- Principle 3: Authentication planning
- Principle 4: Authentication testing
- Principle 5: Registration, login and transaction procedures
- Principle 6: Messages and error recovery
- Principle 7: Staff and customer training
- Principle 8: Raising staff, business and customer awareness
- Principle 9: Confidentiality of customer information
- Principle 10: Security of transactions and transaction fees
Go back to the ABA’s Accessibility page.