Help is available for customers of Australian banks
- Want to make a complaint to or about your bank? Find out what to do here.
- Learn more about Consumer protections and the role of customer advocates.
- If you’re having financial difficulties, get the contact details of your bank’s hardship team.
- Find out what banks are looking for in a small business loan application.
- Find information about how you can reduce fees on your accounts and protect yourself from fraud.
Customer advocates help banks handle complaints better, improve customer experience, and minimise the likelihood of future problems.Read more
How to Make a Complaint
Under the Code of Banking Practice, your bank must have a procedure in place to deal with complaints. Your first move should be to contact your bank.Read more
Small Business & Farmers
Find out what banks look for in assessing small business loan applications, and get tips on making a business plan.Read more
Banking should be affordable for all Australians. Banks offer basic bank accounts with no account keeping fees and free monthly statements.Read more
Security, Fraud & Scams
Banks work hard to prevent customers becoming victims of financial crime, be it internet fraud, phone scams or identity theft.Read more